“To make it possible for people with communication difficulties to communicate … and thereby enhance their quality of life … for nothing is greater than the power of communication.”
Effective use of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) devices.
To identify best practices for improving communication skills of AAC user.
Develop a training methodology for disseminating these best practices.
Chief Guest: Mr. M.A. Alagappa, Chairman, United Way Of Chennai.
Event Date: December 5th 2011,Monday
Event Time: 11.00 am to 11.50 am
Event Venue: Vidya Sagar Auditorium, No.1, Ranjith Road, Kotturpuram, Chennai-600 085 (Near Anna Centenary Library)
- Lighting of Lamp and Prayer.
- Welcome Address by Ms.Kalpana Rao, Principal, Vidya Sagar
- Need for creating awareness and identifying practices in AAC intervention by Mrs. Rajul Padmanabhan, Director, Vidya Sagar.
- India’s experience with AAC Device in comparison with developed countries by Mr.AjitNarayanan, Founder and Managing Director, Invention Labs.
- Role of United Way and why we choose to support the disabled by Mr. M.A. Alagappa,Chairman, United Way Of Chennai.
- Speech by Vidya Sagar student on how AAC device has improved his quality of life.
- Presentation of AVAZ Devices to Vidya Sagar by Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai.
- Vote of Thanks
- National Anthem
- Tea and Coffee